We recognise that children learn in lots of ways and we are committed to providing a broad, exciting and challenging curriculum which gives every child the chance to excel both during and after school.
After School Club (ASC)
Our after school club operates in term time only and runs from 3.30pm-5.30pm. The cost is £7.50 per session.
- Contact forms must be completed and returned before any places can be allocated. Parents need to also make sure that all contact details are kept up to date.
- Children will be collected from their classroom by a member of staff from the club and will be registered upon arrival.
- Each day there is the opportunity to take part in a range of activities, with daily timetable as follows:
|3.30pm-4.00pm||Set activity – see timetable|
- During free time children are given the option to complete homework, read or play with the range of activities available on that day.
- Although children are encouraged to join in our set activity for each day children can choose not to.
- Each month there is new activity timetable and menu. These can be emailed upon request and are also available to view in the club.
- A newsletter is sent out once a month.
For more information regarding the Chapelfield Primary School After School Club please refer to the ‘After School Club Policy and Procedures’ document that can be found on the school policies page.
Extra-curricular activities are arranged on a regular basis, including a variety of sporting activities (see P.E./Health Education section). Our Provision includes:
- Football Club
- Drama Club
- Recorder Club
- Computer Club
- Rounders Club
- French Club
- Hockey Club
- Athletics Clubs
- Book Clubs and Fairs
- Library activities
There are a wide variety of opportunities for children to rehearse and perform musical and dramatic activities, both within the school curriculum, and as extra curricular groups. Children take part in productions at Christmas and/or the end of the school year.
Our school choir performs in a variety of concerts and venues in the local (and wider) area, including annually at the Children of Bury Sing Concert. Children are able to take advantage of Bury Music Service peripatetic teaching to learn to play a selection of brass, woodwind, percussion and string instruments.
The School gives opportunities for children to engage in character-building outdoor pursuits and adventure activities at the PGL Centre at Caythorpe Court in Lincolnshire. These activities are optional and are intended for children in Upper Key Stage 2, although we are looking to extend these to pupils in lower Key Stage 2 .
Before and After School Care
With effect from September 2015 an after school club will operate daily, in school, between 3.30 and 5.30pm. This Club is run by Nicola Hall (details available at the School Office). Plans are underway for a Before School Club in 2016. Before and After school provision is also provided by Ambers Attic, Stand Lane (0161 723 1555).